Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summer Sledding

I've been wanting to re-try this homemade slip-n-slide for awhile.  We tried it last year, or maybe even the year before, but my peeps were too scared.  So, even though I looked super-cool careening down a plastic drop cloth by myself covered in dish soap, the idea was shelved until such a time that some short person might like to try it too.

This go-round I had two partners-in-crime, but they had a few clauses in their contracts.  Will would only slide with me, and Sarah would only go if the sprinkler was off.


So, she kept getting stuck.

Wow.  Doesn't that face just make you want to try it too?


This is more like it:

And, oh, yes, I remembered another problem with slip-n-slide 1.0: rocks, sticks, and even grass result in a sore behind.  Is that an issue with the real Slip-n-Slide, or am I just old and cantankerous? 

This time, we came prepared with our saucer sled.  I love it when a product does double-duty!


But, as much fun as my little fruit flies were having, we soon had to change gears.  Here's an equation for anyone who wants to make some pre-schoolers happy:  water table + dish soap + cars = FUN.

It totally makes me an awesome photog because I captured the water in motion, right?
See, cars = smiles

If my guys are this happy with plain ol' soap bubbles, wait til I unleash the glow-in-the-dark bubbles!

No comments:

Post a Comment