Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Drop Everything and Potty!

I had a Father's Day-related post planned for today, but life took things in a different direction.





I've been putting it off and putting it off, but finally the potty training became unavoidable.  Will is ready.  I am not. 


Since we are stuck hanging around the house for a couple of days, it seemed like an opportune time to try some of those kid things I've pinned since Pinterest so graciously allowed me in their club.

The first one we tried yesterday was blowing up Ivory soap in the microwave, found here.  The look on the kids' faces tells the whole story.

I will say, the soap is too hot for kids to touch when it first comes out of the microwave, so we had to let it cool. 

Our Paper Papa found the skiing on soap clouds to be quite delightful. 

I'll explain why we turned my father-in-law into a paper doll next week.  Let's just say, we're doing our own little Flat Stanley project around here.


After the soap cooled, we took the party outside, along with some cookie cutters and toy cars.





Green Lantern makes an appearance

One of Will's many superpowers is that he can turn ANY activity into a messy one.  Even playing with soap.

Aftermath of a soap-ball fight
This stuff kept them occupied for a lot longer than I thought it would, and the only prep is unwrapping a bar or two of soap.  Two thumbs up from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment