Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Lowly Worm(s)

Will's favorite books are Richard Scarry books.  You know, with all of the super-detailed pictures, bazillions of words, and characters dressed in lederhosen.  Every night, at least one of these books is part of our bedtime repertoire.  Every night we look to see how many Lowlys and Bugdozer guys we can find, and I get caught trying to skip pages to speed things along. 

It goes against everything I believe in, but I'm seriously thinking about banning these books.  At least until he can read them on his own.  I mean, I don't even get to do any cool voices. 

Last fall, I saw where this lady did a Busytown birthday and made Lowly Worm softies for each of the guests.  She had a pattern from an out-of-print book, which I never could find.  I combed the web for a pattern, but came up empty-handed. So, just when I resolved to wing it, some saintly person posted the pattern on her blog!

I finished these babies during naptime on Saturday.  Mike was especially helpful in turning the Lowlys right-side-out and choosing accessories.


Sarah said,"She has a red boot, just like me!"
Hmmm...They need some mouths.

Sarah thinks every doll of hers must be female, so she has a "Miss Lowly". 

I wish I'd put some wire in them so they can wriggle and move like storybook Lowly. 


Next up, I'm going to try to sew up little Bugdozer/Goldbugs to go with our Worm friends.  



No comments:

Post a Comment