Monday, November 19, 2012

The All-Fiber Diet

Is it weird that I would rather sew a meal than cook it?  Yeah, Mike thinks so too.

Last year around this time I had just finished my work sample and comps, so I was in the mood to create...

A turkey made of felt.


Seriously, when I came up from my dungeon craft room and showed Mike this bad boy, his face had that she's-finally-lost-it look.  He tried to humor me, as I giddily demonstrated the detachable drumstick feature, but I got the feeling he was just being nice.

I found the turkey and pumpkin pie tutorials here.

Anyway, this year I wanted to tackle the sides and dessert.  Much easier than cooking the darn things.


What a well-balanced meal (albeit a tad bit heavy on the carbs)!  Green beans and carrots add a little color, and what meal would be complete without mashed potatoes and gravy?  I'm still trying to figure out how to make cornbread dressing.




Anyway, it gives me the kids something to play with while they anticipate refusing to eat any of the real deal.  Ah, Thanksgiving.  Maybe I should channel some energy into making some elastic-waisted pants for the big day...

No comments:

Post a Comment