Friday, November 9, 2012

It's Never Too Early...

For some Thanksgiving songs!

Especially since Thanksgiving is really early this year.

Our kids are at prime song-singing ages, and Sarah informed me the other day that her "voice is an instrument".  I dropped the ball on finding any new material for Halloween so I was determined that I would search high and low for some good Thanksgiving songs/rhymes.  Thank goodness for the 'Net.  I found one silly rhyme about turkeys and another more educational ditty about the first Thanksgiving.  Unfortunately, I don't know what website I found these on, but I just thought I'd pass them along to you folks out there to sing with your little folks while you wait for the turkey to cook.

5 Little Turkeys

5 little turkeys standing at the door,
One waddled off and then there were four.

4 little turkeys sitting near a tree,
One waddled off and then there were three.

3 little turkeys with nothing to do,
One waddled off and then there were two.

2 little turkeys in the morning sun,
One waddled off and then there was one.

1 little turkey better run away,
For soon it will be Thanksgiving Day!



Upon the Mayflower (to the tune of "Twinkle, Twinkle")

Upon the Mayflower pilgrims sailed
Until America's Plymouth was hailed.

They anchored there in 1620
Food nearly gone, and hardships plenty.

Indians shared their seeds, meat, and corn
That's how the first Thanksgiving was born!









No comments:

Post a Comment