Thursday, August 16, 2012

Rainbow Rice


It's a really good thing I got that dance-fighting video out on Monday, because the rest of this week has been a little nuts.

I got a job, so, during the brief periods of time I'm not being crushed under the weight of a boulder of maternal guilt, I am attempting to re-enter the world of adults.

The kids don't go back to school for another week-and-a-half, so they're hanging with babysitters all day.  Every day.  At our house.  Here's a little formula for you:
Cabin Fever  + boredom + anger at Mommy for being gone all day = MASSIVE DESTRUCTION.

Unless you have some Busy Boxes at the ready.

Tuesday, I left out some Cloud/Moon Dough for them, and they had a blast.

Last night, I made 5 lbs. of rainbow rice (pinned here), and I thought we were going to have to sedate the kids to get them to wait to play with it until the babysitter arrived.

 Pouring stuff is a really big deal for the preschool crowd, so cups and ladles were key.

 Will helped get this tub ready.

I hogged all the rice-pouring fun into the big Busy Box.  Aren't those stripes of color just so purty?

Anyway, I knew that my yummy stripes and swirls wouldn't last too long, but I forgot to calculate the mess that moon dough PLUS rainbow rice could make.  Silly Mama left the moon dough out near the rice.
So, naturally, we combine them.
Looks like Funfetti cupcake mix, right?
 And drive Finn McMissile through it.
There was still some rice-only mixture left for future play. But not much.
The kids seem to have had a good time so far, but when I ask Sarah if she's had a good day, her reply is, "Yes, but no."  Sooooo, there's that.

Anyway, I got home today and they were riding like maniacs through the Funfetti mixture on their tricycles.

I'm gonna go hoarse shouting, "On your marks. Get Set. GO!" a billion times a day.






No comments:

Post a Comment