Thursday, August 23, 2012

Flubbed

Don't you just love Autocorrect?  When I was trying to email myself the pictures of the "flubber", stupid auto-correct changed it to "flubbed".  Now, I'm a pretty good speller, and I can definitely hold my own in the grammar department, so, thanks, but no thanks, auto-correct.

Ugh.  I think I just pulled a hammy climbing down off that soapbox.

Without further ado, here's the flubber installment of the "Pinned It, Tried It" series.

There are so many recipes out there for polymers: the name changes, but the principle stays the same.  Anyway, whatever you call it, this stuff is FUN.

In hindsight, I should have let the kids in on the making of the flubber.  The big deal is that you mix together two liquids to make a gelatinous solid.  I guess the next time I have four bottles of Elmer's glue laying around, we'll give it a whirl.


I made it this morning for the kids to play with when the babysitter arrived, but, evidently, she never got it out. 

No problem, that meant I got to be the hero when I got home.

After having the "No, we don't eat this," talk with Will, we took our own personal slimeball outside to play.

"It's cold!"



Pizza toss








Melted snowman

Do you see the flubber boat?







No comments:

Post a Comment