Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Party That Pinterest Crashed

Some of you might know that we had a little soiree over the weekend for our big birthday girl.  We definitely have our list of thank you notes to write, but I owe a huge debt of gratitude to Mother Nature for holding off on all of the thunderstorms until AFTER the party was over, so we didn't have to have a bunch of bored preschoolers and their parents crammed into our tiny house.  I promise not to complain about the weather ever again.  Until winter.

Anyway, this was the most relaxed I've been at a party we've hosted, thanks to Pinterest and student teaching.  Pinterest gave me the ideas; student teaching put the fear of the Almighty in me of having even one nanosecond of time during which kids are not busy. 

I tried out a bunch of new things for decor and activities from my party and crafts pinboards.  Click on them if you want to go to my Pinterest boards, or you just want to see what they were supposed to look like.  I don't have a whole lot of pics to post of the party because I'm too lazy to get permission from other kids' parents to use their sweet little mugs. 

The hits:
The misses:
Our theme was loosely based on glitter, sequins, and shine, and the color scheme was hot pink and silver.  Sarah threw in a punch of neon orange with her choice of cupcake.  We're in a real "use what you have" mode, so I covered a table with silver wrapping paper, cut up old CDs to make the disco ball, and polka-dotted white balloons with silver stickers for a little something extra. 

There was splashing in the pool, bouncing on the water blob, throwing water balloons, tattooing, excavating, glittering, and hopscotch. 

Mike remarked that it was the calmest preschooler party ever.  I think it's just the age. 

Here are the pics that we do have. 
Flames and 4-year-olds.  What could possibly go wrong?










We really need a photographer in the family.  And a mechanic. 


1 comment:

  1. Great fun! Love the water blob idea...can't wait to try it out someday :-) Happy birthday, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete