Friday, July 27, 2012

Back to the Future

Whew.  We spent today traveling from Memphis back to Nashville, via the Rainforest Cafe and Opry Mills. 

As much as I love visiting my parents, it's good to get home to reliable internet/cell service, and to as much sweet tea as I can brew.  Seriously, I think my parents have dial-up. 

Anyway, that's why I haven't posted anything but the pegs for a couple of days. This unexpected Pinterest detox has me a little jittery.

I discovered something on this little trip: my iPad and I will never be more than friends.  I just can't commit to a relationship with a computer that won't allow me to upload photos to Blogger and send attachments on an email. 

We got some things accomplished, though.  Sarah and Will now trust their Puddle Jumpers not to let them drown, so we have to bribe them to get OUT of the pool. 




Got the flux capacitor all checked out on the DeLorian (read: oil change on the Hyundai). 


And we finally got to hang out at the Rainforest Cafe.  Thanks to my Mom's generous donation to the Snake Rescue Fund, we adopted two amphibian friends to bring home with us.

Sarah's hot pink python with the whimsical moniker "Snakey"


Will's blue rattler "Stripes"
We skipped naps today, so I had to put them to bed extra-early tonight.  Which means they're still up playing, thinking I can't hear their stage-whispers. 






No comments:

Post a Comment