Friday, March 30, 2012

Easter Egg Tree

Maybe it's the German coming out in me, or maybe I'm getting a little tacky in my old age, but I love these trees that people hang a bunch of plastic Easter eggs on. Somebody did it on our street, so S & W have been hot-to-trot to decorate one of our own deciduous specimens themselves.

By the way, fishing line is not as easy to find as you might think.

I didn't get any pictures of the actual decorating, but here's the end result:







We need more eggs. This is the AFTER after picture. The neighbors came over to help decorate, and their efforts combined with those of my offspring resulted in a seriously lopsided tree. Will kept yelling for a ladder and calling it a Christmas tree. All were disappointed in the lack of star for the tippy-top.

Mike surprised me by actually thinking it was cute. He lives in mortal fear of the lawn ornaments that are waiting to emerge for Christmas, and he chuckled nervously when I said the kids and I were going to work on a scarecrow for our garden over Spring Break. Cue the evil laugh.



1 comment:

  1. Love the blogs sooooooo much and the energy that goes into the creative spirit of all. Love, bunny hugs and kisses, Nana

    ReplyDelete