Friday, January 25, 2013

Cabin Fever Cures: Marshmallow Shooters

So, here's the thing: Mike cringes whenever I plan a trip to the hardware store.  

Why? Because he knows I'm going to get started on something like making toy grills, constructing a lemonade stand, or procuring mass quantities of paint chips, and then I'll get in a little over my head and he has to step in before I saw my hand off (almost happened) or drill through my leg or some such nonsense. 

Right before Christmas, (like two days before) I found these diy marshmallow shooters. Thinking they might be fun for the niece and nephews, I got all the PVC stuff... and then waged war on mountains of laundry while trying to pack 3 suitcases, numerous Christmas gifts, and four humans into a sedan in under 24 hours.  By the way, have you ever tried to pack suitcases while your mini-me's are simultaneously trying to unpack them? I miss baby jail pack-n-play days.

Suffice it to say, I didn't get the shooters cut and assembled before Christmas.  Or even before New Year's. Anyhoo, we didn't send them to the nephews (whoops, sorry!) but we did have a lot of fun playing with them ourselves.
Luckily, we had some stale mini-marshmallows left over from the graham cracker house debacle and they worked a treat. 
Don't let their light clothing fool you - it was COLD out there.
On the downside, it takes a little bit more lung power than my peeps have, so they had more fun with the sawed-off shorter versions (not pictured). 

They also immensely enjoyed blowing through them like those South African horns a la World Cup 2010.

Will liked carrying his slung over his shoulder like a Continental soldier.  And eating the stale marshmallows. All he needs is a Chewbacca-style bandolier. 
I have plans for spray painting these with pink glitter and camo.

No comments:

Post a Comment