Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Flu Comes in on Little Cat Feet...

...And then rolls over you like a rhino.

Yep, we've got the flu over here.  I blame our trip to Chuck E. Cheese (but it was soooo worth it).  It got Will first: I took Sarah to choir Sunday night, leaving the boys behind in good health and spirits.  By the time we came back, Will was glassy-eyed and feverish.  Lots of sleep, analgesics, and movies yesterday home with me seemed to get him on the right track, but he was still spiking a fever at 4 am today.

Meanwhile, I did my usual workout last night feeling fine, and then sometime around midnight I woke up with the chills, body aches, and the worst hangover in the history of hangovers without having a drop to drink.

So, the little man and I are hanging out today.  He's on the mend, while I'm just trying to wade through this soupy fog.  We are supposed to be getting ready for the big birthday par-tay on Saturday (yeah, only a month after the actual day), but that's just going to have to wait.  Thank goodness we're not having it at our house, since, despite my best efforts, this place is a disease-ridden pig sty.

Here's hoping Sarah and Mike stay healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment