Friday, May 31, 2013

Goat Adoption

Hello! How the heck is it already Friday?!  Whew.  This week has been a doozy, and I don't think things are going to ease up any time soon.  I'm just going to tell myself that's a good thing, since I tend to get more done when I've got less time in which to do it.

Anyway, yesterday we went to the zoo.  We're there a LOT, so we don't usually get any surprises.  But yesterday we met up with some friends and ended up in the Petting Zoo.  Normally, I hustle my guys right on past to see the more exotic animals, like the red pandas and the alligators. Thank goodness we didn't do that this time because we found the next member of our family: Jewel.
Seriously.  My kids harassed adored that little goatling, waiting on her hoof and, er, hoof.  Will hand fed her hay.  And hairbrushes. 
He even tried to crawl in the pen to get more hay for her, and couldn't stop petting her little barrel-belly.  Sarah was fascinated with the low-rider goats (thank you to my friend for coining the phrase), who looked like a cross between goat and bassett hound.
I'll let you in on a secret: I don't go to the Petting Zoo because all of the poop on the ground.  And the ensuing drama when a goat eats our maps.  I'm pretty sure I won't be getting away with that anymore, since we'll have to check in on our friends Jewel and Ramone (a low-rider goat Sarah and I are partial to). Isn't it nice to have friends who make you ignore the poop and just enjoy the moment?





No comments:

Post a Comment