Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Eight Years


Today is our eighth wedding anniversary.  

I was looking for pictures on the computer, but I guess they all got moved over to the backup hard drive.  Since I'm a little bit afraid of that device, I had to settle for taking pictures of pictures from our wedding album.  

First and last time that's happened.
Favorite picture from that day
One of my most vivid memories from the wedding festivities was actually at the rehearsal.   We were up at the altar, and I was repeating my vows when my voice hitched and my eyes welled, and the enormity of the pact we were entering into hit me full-force.

Our wedding cake was an enormous strawberry shortcake, fresh, light,
and the best cake I've ever had.

It was a great day, but we've had even better days since.  

Sarah and Will get kind of offended that they weren't invited.


Here's a little trivia for you:  I approached Mike first and asked him to dance 
at a bar in Ft. Lauderdale.  
He turned me down.

At first.  

Then he came back over, we started fresh, and the rest is history.  Or current events.  

No comments:

Post a Comment