Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Liberace Santa

I'm jealous.  Of an overweight, geriatric elf in red fur. 

Ok, so maybe my anger is misdirected.  The person at whom my wrath is aimed is actually the hubs.  I mean, who does he think he is, taking my idea (well, one I found on Pinterest here) and out-crafting the crafter. It's my job to make stuff, not his.

Let's rewind a bit.  Two weeks ago, I showed Mike a picture of a Pottery Barn knock-off silver Santa picture.  I thought it might be nice to have something festive over the sofa in the den (you know, since the flag of Merillia has been hanging there for the past 6 months).  Surprisingly, Miguel was on board, and, as soon as I brought the almost 2' x 3' canvas home, he started freehand copying the little bitty picture I'd printed out.  Sunday was spent schlepping kids to various places, while Mike painted the ginormous Santa in red glitter.

And it looks so crazy AWESOME.



Now he's planning his next masterpiece.   I've created a monster.


No comments:

Post a Comment