Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Gift in a Box

I don't know what it is about these sensory box things (we call ours a "busy box"), but they are MAGIC.  If I want to do a project of my own, I just hand them a box of beans and whatnot, and they barely even notice me.

Since the official start of fall was Monday, I threw away the funky cloud-dough-and-rainbow-rice mixture and replaced it with some autumnal goodness.  Plus some dried black beans and navy beans.

We had fake leaves, tiny jack-o-lanterns, and squirrel and acorn stickers.
I also dumped in the last of the rainbow rice.



All kinds of scooping and digging goodness for almost no work.

It's never too early for jack-o-lanterns.
We're planning on (finally) making our scarecrow this weekend, and I think it's the perfect time of year for a fairy garden.  


On a totally unrelated note:

Here's my gift in a box...












1 comment:

  1. Another great one, Julie! I can't wait for Camp to stop putting all this stuff in his mouth so we can do more sensory boxes :-)

    ReplyDelete