Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day: Out of the Mouths of Babes

Ah, Mother's Day.  The one day of the year that every mom in the trenches would just like to spend not doing the very things that make her a mother.  Every year, I have this fantasy that Mike will hand me the key to a hotel room with 5-star room-darkening shades and decent room service.  And I would sleep.  And sleep.  And sleep.  And not have to feed, clothe, bathe, or otherwise care for anyone else. 

Instead, it lands on my least favorite day of the week, and Mike is usually working.  

Sigh.

Don't get me wrong: I feel a little ashamed about this fantasy, but I don't think I'm alone in my sentiments. 

And of course I love my children.  

But every once in awhile it's nice to love them from afar, while somebody else breaks up fights, scrapes every tiny piece of rice off  the chicken, and searches high and low for the missing Ninja Turtle sock.  

Anyway, cheers to all the moms out there, taking it hour by hour and celebrating with overly-moist kisses and chubby arms around her neck!

Here are some interviews I did with the chilluns about me.  
I think you'll find them enlightening, since I must be some sort of medical miracle.
I guess I've earned the old lady jokes, since I do find 4:30 in the afternoon
to be a perfectly acceptable time for dinner.

Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment