Saturday, April 5, 2014

Bunsie Onesies and Things That Babies and Cats Have in Common

I've gone a leetle bit overboard with the bunny theme this spring.  I can't help it, though, since I have 3 sweeties to deck out for Easter this year.  Anyway, I've been meaning to make shirts like these for a really long time, and I've finally done it!
Will came up with the name for them, and I think Bunsie Onesie is the best ever.
Who can resist a baby in a onesie?
Soon-to-be-chunky legs sticking out.  
Diaper bum. 
I made a blue one for Teddy, and a yellow one just for fun.  Or maybe for a friend ;)
Hold me, I'm scared.
Seriously.  Someone call security.



All you need to make these are a few things you can find around the house:
  • Brand-new pencil with a flat eraser
  • Thin paint brush
  • Black fabric paint
  • Onesie or t-shirt
  • Baby (optional, but highly recommended)
I'm not going to go into a full-on how-to, because I think you can figure it out just by looking.  But, you coat the pencil eraser with black paint and use it as a stamp for the eyes.  

Would a tail on the back be too much?



Teddy is working on a tutorial for how to catch a beam of light.
Almost. Got. It.
Come here, you little beam of somethin'.
Aaaargh!  Foiled again!  
Why are these things so hard to catch?!
Ahhh, found the thumb.  I will get you next time, elusive shadow-maker.

Of course, I made some t-shirts based on this for the older kids, but, naturally, they refuse to put them on. 
I bet they'll change their tune when I break out the Peeps...



No comments:

Post a Comment