Monday, February 3, 2014

New Year, New Baby Resolutions

Ok, so I didn't do any real New Year's resolutions for 2014. 

Aaaaaaannd the ones I have formulated are a month late.  


I'm pleading the 3rd (as in "3rd Time Mom) and going ahead and setting the bar really low for this year as far as goals and accomplishments, frankly because newborns scare me.  

It's like having some tiny, malevolent dictator living with us for awhile, depriving me of sleep and demanding something from me every hour in a foreign language.  
Hence, my reasons for setting the bar about 2 inches off the ground.  

"Keeping the little people alive" could be the umbrella resolution, but I thought I'd get more specific.  You know, so I'll have some things to check off the list and a reason to give a "Yay, me!" every once in awhile. 

So, here goes, in no particular order:

1.  Don't let the baby pee in my face.

2.  Don't let him pee in his own hair. (It happens.  I may or may not have laughed.)

3.  Figure out how to put on one of these baby carrier contraptions.

4.  Actually USE said contraption.

5.  Cross parking lots with 3 kids without thinning the herd.

6.  Never go grocery shopping with all 3 kids. (Can I get an Amen, Mike Brown?)

7.  Let the big kids help.

8.  No ugly cries in the Wal-Mart parking lot.

9.  Keep it classy and sob at Target instead.

10.  Let it go.  Whatever it may be, follow the sage Tony Horton's advice and "Do your best, and forget the rest," knowing for a fact that sometimes getting the kids out of pajamas going through the Drive-thru only twice a day constitutes my "best".  


No comments:

Post a Comment