Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Re-entry

Summer.  It seems all the world is soliloquizing about "sweet summertime", 
warm weather, pool time, fireflies, and a slower pace.  

I, on the other hand, think: non-stop sweating, feeding kids all day, every day, and basically being their social coordinator. 

Meanwhile, I'm over here making a "Summer Bucket List" because I think this summer might actually kill me.  Like, I know that you can't ACTUALLY be talked to death, but my kids are all, "Challenge accepted."  

Plus, the dang sun doesn't set until the middle of the night, so my 8:30 bedtime is no more.  

Memorial Day weekend, I bought 3 HUGE bags of those zipsicles and a zoo membership, and thought, "Summer is handled."  

My kids apparently feel otherwise.


There's definitely a period of adjustment for me to shift from Working Mom Mode to SAHM mode every summer.  So, I have to get my head on straight, and embrace these 8ish weeks of being home with my kids as a fleeting gift. But I need an outlet and a goal for my efforts.

And so, I return to the family blog after a three-year hiatus, super-rusty. 
Since the kids are bigger (and literate) this time around, they will even be able to contribute! Sarah's running point on book recommendations, Will is going to do some design work, and Teddy is working on snack reviews, kid-dinners, and the best places to get wet and/or muddy. 




So, cheers to the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment