Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Polar Bathtime

This fall, I haven't been real great at the mom thing.  
Sure, I've kept the kids alive and stuff, but that's pretty much it. 
And Mike has done most of the heavy-lifting around here kid-wise.

Sunday, it was time for a change. 

Our late-night (read: 7 o'clock) cultural outing at the ballet meant that we skipped bath Saturday,  so the kids were kind of stinky.  

Stinkiness + crummy, cold weather = bathtub fun!

Since we were well-stocked with Ivory,
 I decided to try out a wintry-bath version of microwaved soap.

We stuck a bar in the microwave for about a minute,
The microwaving is arguably the best part.

and were rewarded with this fluffy, squishable, frothy goodness.

Toss in some bubbles
and a few kids,
and you've got yourself a par-TAY!
(And, quite possibly, a few fight-free minutes to yourself.)

Of course, my instinct was to turn it into some snooze-fest unit of learning about glaciers and polar animals.  Luckily for my kids, I can't find our Toob of seals and igloos and Inuit, so they're safe from the words "habitat" and "ecosystem".  

At least for now.

They got to play Hot Chocolate Stand, and I got to listen to the sounds of their giggles 
without stressing about APA formatting.
Cheers to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment