Saturday, November 9, 2013

Brown 5.0

We have some big news to share, so I thought I'd let the kiddos tell you.


Sigh.



So, yes, I'm pregnant with #3, and Will is being promoted to the role of big brother, as of mid-March.  We're all very excited, and Will checks my belly button a few times a day to see if it's popped out like a turkey thermometer. "No DING! yet, Mommy," he says, scratching his head 
and giving my tummy a thoughtful pat.


At least I've kept my 100% wrong baby-gender prediction streak intact.  We were all calling this little drumstick a girl, dreaming up girl names, and anticipating a shift in the balance of power to those of us of the x-chromosomal persuasion, 
when the ultrasound tech announced 
that our little ninja was a boy!  

The littles were not disappointed at all, but I was a tad bit anxious.  See, Will got the only two boy names we could ever agree on.  In an effort to avoid a  catastrophe of George Forman-esque proportions, we polled the prospective siblings for suitable monikers for this little nugget.  

So, without further ado, I give you:
 
Mittens Jack-Jack John Smith Brown.

It's going to be a challenge for monogramming purposes, but I bet there won't be anybody else in class with a name like THAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment